ABNC Evidence Reports
Introduction to the Reports
ABNC knows that decision-makers require evidence rather than just noise. To help Highways England work with good evidence throughout their process, we have submitted:
The Arundel Bypass Neighbourhood Committee Evidence Report in Response to the Consultation (click here).
The consultation took place 22 August - 16th October 2017.
We also produced two earlier evidence reports, a first report in September 2016 and a Supplement to that report in March 2017.
To produce these we have commissioned professional ecological surveys and reports, and our volunteers have also identified key features of the landscape's historic environment and community life relevant to planning. We have considered what evidence is relevant to planning criteria including the West Sussex County Council's Landscape Strategy and the South Downs National Park's Special Qualities.
Highways England have in 2017 also begun to commissioned ecological surveys in Binsted as elsewhere, so do we expect a Binsted option to feature in the consultation which starts on 22nd August. It is not yet clear how far (if at all) Highways England have taken account of ABNC's evidence in selecting options for the public consultation.
A third ABNC Evidence Report, summarizing the earlier two, incorporating new evidence, and fully tailored to the published consultation options, will be published during the public consultation.
March 2017 Supplementary
ABNC Evidence Report
2. The new Ecological Evidence (independent reports from MAVES)
3. The new Heritage Evidence
4. The new Community Evidence
ABNC Evidence Report September 2016
Reasons for rejecting the Arundel Bypass route through Binsted
at the Options Identification Stage
The Planning Case
- West Sussex County Council’s ‘Strategy for the West Sussex Landscape’
- The planning policies of the South Downs National Park
The Supporting Evidence
Chapter 2: Binsted’s Natural Environment
Chapter 3: Binsted’s Cultural Heritage
3.4: Binsted Arts Festival publications:
- The Binsted Arts Weekend programme of events, 2016
- The Binsted Arts Weekend Poetry Competition Anthology, 2016 (online version)
Chapter 4: Binsted’s Community
4.2: Community publications:
- ‘Binsted, the Heart of our Horizon’, by Matilda Tristram, 2016
- ‘Binsted and Beyond’, Millennium book published 2002
Chapter 5: Wider Community Supporting the Protection of Binsted
- Letter from Walberton Parish Council
- The ABNC Petition with over 1390 signatures
- Websites of groups concerned about the bypass and the area south-west of Arundel:
Arundel Bypass Neighbourhood Committee
Tortington Local Community
Arundel A27 Forum
If you would like support us, then send us an email with your contact details.
We will keep you in touch with Arundel A27 affairs by e-newsletter.