We petition the Secretary of State for Transport, Highways England, Nick Herbert MP, West Sussex County Council, Arun District Council, and the South Downs National Park Authority, to:
1. REJECT the route for the Arundel bypass through Binsted village and its countryside.
2. RECOMMEND that other options, less damaging to countryside and villages, should be considered, eg a shorter bypass.
Reasons: The historic village of Binsted is set in wooded countryside in the parish of Walberton, West Sussex. Partly within the National Park, it is a haven for wildlife, with an active community and rural businesses. Many visitors value Binsted for quiet recreation. The Binsted option would sever Binsted’s community, and destroy its beauty and tranquillity.
It would also damage the historic village and landscape of Tortington near Arundel.
After signing our petition, please support us by:
- Signing up to support ABNC and be kept informed: email@example.com
- Following us on www.twitter.com/arundelbypass
- Liking our Facebook page www.facebook.com/arundelbypass
and above all,
- Respond to the public consultation urging Highways England to protect Binsted.
To find out more about the Bypass options:
- Click here for the Arundel Bypass Neighbourhood Committee's website
- Click here for the Arundel A27 Forum's website
To find out more about the rural communities affected:
If you would like support us, then send us an email with your contact details.
We will keep you in touch with Arundel A27 affairs by e-newsletter.